How do you define “Authenticity?”. Some people look at being authentic as the same as not having to improve themselves. Authenticity isn’t something you have to learn but simply need to embrace, since that is our natural self. For some of us, perhaps we need to get better at recognizing our true value in order to be more authentic. Linda J
Looking back feels more like sand in my underwear than cotton candy and Ferris Wheels. My shadowy companion continually whispers, “You fell short,” and “That’s not good enough.”
I’m afraid that accepting the past results in complacency. In my world, complacency is the vilest, most intolerable, disgusting evil imaginable.
Note to self about the past:
- Think about who you’re becoming and where that person takes you. What new advantages do you have because you’ve grown? How can you better serve others?
- Savor relationships. The bright spot, in an otherwise dark past, is relationships with people you love and respect, and who respect you. It isn’t new accomplishments, but people who brighten the past. It’s always who before what. (Prioritize people next year.)
- Own offenses. Say, “I was wrong. Will you forgive me.” Nothing lightens the load like forgiveness. Pretending you have it all together is like living with pockets full of rocks.
- Forgive others their shortcomings. Don’t wait for them to ask. Clinging to the weaknesses and shortcomings of others is like a dog pulling on its leash. Draw a line in the sand and set that dog free. Just let go. Don’t even tell them. (Help others find and live in their strengths. Compensate for their weaknesses.)
- Focus on things within your control. The past isn’t one of them. Nothing brightens life more than finding some small thing within your control. This is true of organizations as well. (People are not within your control.)
- Address repeated frustrations or they’ll get worse next year.
- You love to start. What should you stop?
Best Regards Linda & Carlos Debello “Your Local Property Management Specialist” LJ Gilland Real Estate Pty Ltd (http://www.ljgrealestate.com.au) PO BOX 19 ZILLMERE 4034 (07) 3263 6085 0400 833 800 (Mob 1) 0413 560 808 (Mob 2) 0409 995 578 (Linda)
Confidential email:- The information in this message is intended for the recipient name on this email. If you are not the recipient please do not read, copy distribute or act upon the message as the information it contains may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify the writer by return email. Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter and your co-operation